Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Train journey - tidbits

  1. Before the journey itself, Murugan(bhayya) treated us in a uber-cool restaurant with a confusing name Paris(or was it Pari's being misspelt)
  2. Shailesh joined us in Yashwanthpur; a sober looking bhau who turned-out to be a cheta(great compainon for the journey) .
  3. Bhayya revealed that smoking inside railway station is a strict NO. Ranjan(guru) revealed the frequent usage of the loo for the same(introducing me to the word pakistan)
  4. Bhayya showed us how to use a bed-sheet for a rummy-table (ingenious) & the game went on for abt 2 hours
  5. We tried to disturb baabugaaru(maama) by calling but was bloody not reachable
  6. Next morning woke-up to a conversation b/n guru & bhayya drinking a garmaa-garam chai. Ranjan who insisted for the tea stated beta yeh tea nahi, pishaab hai..! & put Murugan into a state of confusion.
  7. Upon going for the round of morning loo, I heard another phrase pishaawar.
  8. Had upma-vada for starters; murugan told upma was like rava idli(but rava idli is costlier)
  9. Train stopped in Secunderabad & we started looking for baabugaru(alas nowhere to be seen) & we started the journey back
  10. I was screaming Meheboob-nagar for each town & ganga-nadi at each bridge & Ranjan though looked amused earlier, got used to my foolish remarks.
  11. Encouraged by Ranjan's lack of gussa, I started tormenting him for garma-garam chaaai whenever a hawker passed-by
  12. The soup - We all bought(cheta sponsered) & started drinking tomato soup. As we were multi-tasking playing cards as well, guru & myself kept it on the windows & boy did my shoes get a first service from the spilt soup(it did actually). I consoled guru & washed the soup-off. Cheta gave a weird idea of hanging the shoes to fan & letting them dry
  13. It was afternoon & we had everything that was on offer in Kaachigoda. Baabugaru was still unreachable.
  14. Guru & bhayya went to upper-berth & started a snoring contest. I saw cheta reading "Men are from Mars ..." & asked whether any of it is/seems true..? cursing the mastermind(the one whose name shall not be taken in this blog). Cheta said some of it made sense to him(hmmm, I thought)
  15. Within minutes our heroes came down saying saala jal gaya(cursing the heat)
  16. Rajan started looking-out for garmaa garam chai & we restarted rummy
  17. We bought the tea cup of life. Guru spilt his tea on his hand & my thigh(it burnt either of us) & I took an oath not to drink tea ever-again.
  18. My teasing of guru with garmaa garam chaaai continued.
  19. It was getting hotter & we wanted some cool drinks; that's when thanda cooldrink ____ guy passed us. Guru asked beta dekh, tere ko namkeen chahiye tho le sakte hein apan. Alas, it turned-out to be jumpin & we laughed out hot, burnt ass-off.
  20. Bahiyya asked guru & cheta to show us chandrapur; but either of them dissapointed us. I wondered where sagar's elusive dental clinic would be located.
  21. We were standing near the door & that's when I revealed our idea of pushing the mastermind out of train in chandrapur which couldnot materialize. Baabugaru was still not reachable
  22. We sat down for a great final session of DCs.
  23. cheta would mime & bhayya would try to crack it without talking himself(dumb & dumber)
  24. Guru mimed saajan showing the curves of madhuri as description to me
  25. Some interesting names were: andheri raat mein diya teri haath mein(guru), parzania(cheta), sex lies & videotape(me)
  26. Murugan's miming of itte-f**k was great to watch
  27. Guru's miming of pakeezah was the most difficult. He is totally capable of killing a dumb person with his patented miming skills.
  28. Almost nearing Nagpur, we saw seva-gram where I said some loose things about Gandhiji & felt yikes; nobody really cared
  29. Praveen(bhau) called & informed us that he has sent a cab to pick us up(8007 I guess). I felt royal.
  30. Finally we reached Nagpur & while getting down I got to see a couple of hot-chiks

Was it an indication of what to expect in Nagpur? watch-out for the next post...

No comments: